Thursday 6 February 2014

Man with a plan!


Let me tell you a story.

Imagine an 11 year old Hannah full of excitement and dreams of going to Swansea University. From the ages of about 10-17 I wanted to go to Swansea University. You can imagine how excited I was then when I got two offers to study English there, right?

Nope!

Since we'd started the UCAS process, I felt that I was missing something. Something that was important. Every decision I made, although the people around me told me that I was doing the right thing just felt wrong. The day I got my offers, I declined them, with only three minutes consideration.

This decision was not only the biggest choice of my life but the quickest decision of my life, and as someone who likes to take time to consider things, I should be freaking out. But I'm not, because I know that Jesus helped me make the right decision. The decision that was best for me.

There's a verse in the Bible from the book Jeremiah 29 and I think it's one people should always remember.

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

It's really important to remember that God has a plan for each and every one of us. A personalised down-to-the-last-detail plan. We may have plans and ambitions for our future, but if the Lord is telling us to go a different route, we should listen because it's for the best.

If you have any questions about this talk or any other issues please email us at christianunion.blog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment