Friday 13 December 2013

Even sinners love people.

Luke 6:32-35.

'If you love only the people who love you, why should you recieve a blessing? Even sinners love those who love them!'
And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you recieve a blessing? Even sinners do that!'
And if you only lend to those whom you hope to get it back, why should you recieve a blessing? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount!'

I was reading my bible the other day and these few verses really jumped out at me. As I read these verses I asked myslef;
'What makes me different from sinners?'
The music I listen to?
The clothes I wear?
Weather or not I put a nativity scene up as part of my Christmas decorations?

What I feel Jesus is trying to get across in this verse is that as Christians, on the surface at least, we are no different from sinners.
Are you nice to the people who are nice to you?
So are sinners.
Do you love the people who love you?
So do sinners.
Do you give back what you owe to people, and expect people to give back what they owe you?
So do sinners.

As Christians we need to stand out from others. We need to be friends with the friendless and helpers to the helpless. It's important that we remember that before w were saved we were sinners too. Just because we are Christians doesn't make us better than people who aren't, It means we have a saviour who is holy enough to forgive us.

What do you that sets you apart from sinners?

If you have any questions please feel free to email us at christianunion.blog@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment